You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/15/2012 5:09 pm  #1

Next week (Sept 23) won't work for the race

GMPMCC has 16 tickets to the Fall Nationals, like we told you when the race was schedule was set.  We need to race tomorrow or schedule for another weekend.

9/15/2012 8:29 pm  #2

Re: Next week (Sept 23) won't work for the race

Noaa forecast says 30 percent chance of rain before 1 pm.  Other forecast sources are similar.  I guess it's too late now.

9/16/2012 7:54 am  #3

Well I see only one opening in Oct for Denton which is the 7th and we will be racing two weeks in a row there because we race again on the 14th there. If that is the way it happens we will have only one Sunday off that month. Which is fine with us. If we can do that I hope the weather holds up. I guess Grady will get it figured out and we will go from there. He made a good call on it for today.

9/16/2012 8:14 am  #4

Thanks very much for not rescheduling on the Fall Nationals weekend. We appreciate it.

What are the guidelines for cancelling a race, 30% chance of rain a no go?

9/16/2012 11:46 am  #5

Oct. 7th will probably not work either, many of us have our Division 4 NHRA finals in Ennis that weekend.  It wouldn't really matter to me if I miss this TMCCC race as points are not on my side this year, but North Star will have a team at the finals and will probably not have the proper focus on a weekend race at the track.  I could be totally wrong with the new owners and all, just my thought.

9/16/2012 1:34 pm  #6

The division 4 finals will not affect the TMCCC race.  NSD is not who is taking the team to the finals.  Larry and Nick are doing that.  The team will be racing under them; not NSD.

9/16/2012 3:23 pm  #7

I understand that, but we will be running under the North Star Dragway name and representing North Star Dragway, so I would only hope Gene will have an interest in how his company is represented.  I could be wrong.

Last edited by WhiteGT (9/16/2012 3:25 pm)

9/16/2012 5:14 pm  #8

Not that my vote counts either,I will also be at the Division 4 bracket finals.racing for NSD if your going to not run next week because some people want to go and watch a race. Do the same for the ones that are racing in the Bracket finals

9/16/2012 6:20 pm  #9

Help Grady!!!! You opened the can and it looks like I have got them really stirred up. I don't know what it is going to take to please everyone. I was just trying to look and see what our options were and see what open dates we had. Now it is up to you to make everyone Happy. I am sorry if I made it harder on you. Sometimes we just have to live with what happens. Like they say you can't mess with mother nature. 

9/16/2012 8:28 pm  #10

Cancel the race and continue from here maybe?  We have run 9 race seasons before.

9/17/2012 6:50 am  #11

Stumpy you may have the answer. We had only nine races last year.

9/17/2012 2:41 pm  #12

Could we make this race up on Oct. 21st?  I'd rather reschedule and race, but that is just me.

Last edited by brandonhamilton (9/17/2012 2:42 pm)

9/17/2012 3:22 pm  #13

brandonhamilton wrote:

Could we make this race up on Oct. 21st?  I'd rather reschedule and race, but that is just me.

It would be nice but they already have something going on that day. Don't give up yet we may make it happen.

9/17/2012 5:54 pm  #14

what is happen on 10/21 at nsd shows nothing or did i just miss something

9/19/2012 3:11 pm  #15

Well it looks like Grady got it done and we will be doing a make up on 10-21. That means that we have to hope the weather holds up on the weekends because we will be racing the last three weekends of Oct. Thanks for getting it done Grady. 

RIP to Lee Green.

9/19/2012 5:37 pm  #16

Thanks Grady! Sorry to hear about Lee.

9/20/2012 3:06 pm  #17

Sorry about that I jumped the gun, I will shut up.

Board footera