You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2011 11:22 pm  #1

Schedule 2011

It has been brought to my attention by some P.O.,d members of our club that Ardmore race date falls on Super Chevy Sunday, and Sept. 25th date at Denton falls on the Fall Nationals at Enis? I guess the thought process fell short when scheduling but i guess thats OK! When attendence falls short on these dates we can blame it on the economy. Our club is struggling to keep a strong turn out so we can compete with the bigger popular clubs but i dont think there will be any scheduling snafu's there! Guy's think! There was a discusion about bunching up race dates because some are so set on not racing during summer! Spread it out there are options that some refuse to intertain that would make better since so people can go to these events and have to choose to race or not! Me i dont care im not going to these events but im not thinking of myself.

2/09/2011 12:07 pm  #2

Re: Schedule 2011

Scheduling the races is actually much harder than one would think-trying to work with what dates are available from each track: Trying to avoid holiday weekends like Memorial Day/4th of July/Labor Day and dates such as Easter,Mother's Day( a big no-no to use as a race day we found out one year). The board also tries not to schedule
on any particular Club's big annual events that may be already planned. (Like the Super Chevy mentioned above).
In the case of the Ardmore race,Ron sat down with the track owner and the guy had basically 0 race weekends available between the track owner's personal race schedule(apparently the track is closed when the owner is offsite
racing his own car)and previously scheduled events.Ron took what he could get. In the case of scheduling on top
of the NHRA Nationals at Ennis,the entire board (comprised of representatives of various Clubs that participate in
the Muscle Car challenge program) felt that there really were not that many of our group that consistently went to
the Nationals and that we could not pass up that particular race date for a race of our own.Good decision-bad decision-who knows. The schedule is always a compromise-nobody is ever thrilled to death with the schedule.
   The races are set for Spring and Fall because the majority of our racers have made it very clear they do not want
to race in the heat of the Summer-This year Ron tried for a Saturday night race (in the summer) at Denton and they turned
him down due to no available dates. Can't do one at Kennedale as they have to shut down their track at midnight-
our program takes too long-we would have to start a "night" race in the heat of the afternoon to make sure we were done by Midnight.I don't think Ennis was interested in hosting one. And that,Racefans, is how we ended up with our current schedule-the board is sorry if it creates problems for individual racers-the real intent is to minimize that as much as possible-sometimes it just isn't possible.

Board footera