You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/02/2015 5:28 pm  #1

Kennedale

Email from the boss man for anyone who hasn't recieved it.                     Hey everyone,I received a phone call from Cindi McMillan who runs Texas Raceway making sure we were still on for Sunday Oct 4th and I told her we are. She then asked if we wanted 2 time trials and that the time trials were to be run by individual classes and I told her that was correct. Cindi then indicated that the gates were going to be open before 8 AM and  the first time trials would start by 9 AM. I'm giving everyone a heads up because her Sunday afternoon  venue starts at 4 PM and she wants us to be finished ASAP. Most of the racers get there pretty early but you may want to spread the word that we need to get this started as early as possible. I don't know if she'll get the time trials started by 9 but I don't want us to be the cause for a delay. This may also mean that the Consolation Race gets cancelled but there are too many factors at play to say for sure.Thanks for all your help and see you Sunday.Phillip Nickles

Last edited by stumpy (10/02/2015 5:31 pm)

10/03/2015 7:14 am  #2

Re: Kennedale

I don't get this. We are a proven and legitimate racing organization and should be afforded every right and courtesy as such. We bring close to 200 racers and just as many spectators all paying their respective entry fees. We are scheduled to be there on October 4th. Why then are we getting the "hurry up and get out" attitude? The track should never have scheduled something on top of our event and we shouldnt have to rush through our event and possibly lose our consolation races due to their shortsidedness and or greed.
Just my opinion.

Last edited by strieg3 (10/03/2015 7:15 am)

Red River Car Club Racing

10/03/2015 9:19 am  #3

From what I have heard (no proof) she is trying hard to keep the place open. They spent a good bit of money upgrading this last time. They have been running a Sunday afternoon program off and on for a while now. But I do agree we shouldn't have to be rushed out so the afternoon racers can get their grudge racing in.

10/05/2015 5:38 am  #4

Yes it sucks being rushed out. But do you really want to be there any longer? Sunday's at TXR have been there a long time, and probably make way more money than we bring in. Plus, unless there's long delays/cleanups, we should be done anyway. Maybe everyone should get together and decide if Saturday's would be better for TXR only. There are only two bracket races a month, the 1st and 3rd Saturday's, so that leaves it open.

10/05/2015 8:27 am  #5

Saturday's would be great. No rush to get home and unload and go to work the next day.

Racing is done with 3 pedals

10/05/2015 9:03 am  #6

Great idea,.But what about all the racers that work Saturday?

10/07/2015 5:43 am  #7

Gates open at 2, TT at 3, eliminations at 6.... Get there at 5 and still make TT's if you had to work. Just a suggestion, the track would have to agree too. I don't care either way, but I hate being up against the Sunday crowd.

Board footera