You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2015 6:09 pm  #1

Fairness

There was a person who went out in the 3 rd of their class. This person then ran 3 rds in the Race of Champions beating out 3 racers who should not have been eliminated from competion. I also think the tower should not have let him run. The other thing that does not seem fair is non race track persons doing pairing at rhe staging lanes when this person is in competion with other racers.

5/17/2015 11:02 am  #2

Re: Fairness

Boo Hoo I'm telling

5/17/2015 11:43 am  #3

Robert was an asset to that race,  I was glade we had some one who knew not to pair cars from same club and he moved cars fast however i do under stand the point you all make.,

64 Plymouth 1/8 7.06 et
89 Mustang 1/8 6.47 @ 105  
2009 Challenger  7.94
89 Mustang  1/4 mile 10.25 @ 126 MPH

5/20/2015 8:15 am  #4

I Had no problem with Robert Pulling the Cards at Denton for Lane Choice.I thought he did a good Job .He knew all the Clubs went really fast.

5/20/2015 5:37 pm  #5

I didnt' attend that race, but have seen Robert pull cars in other races.  Never saw that as a problem, in fact was gratefull that someone was actually pulling cards and strictly pulling cards AND paying attention that same club members were were not ending up racing each other in early rounds. Overally I think it's better having a TMCCC racers doing that than someone that has never done it, or did it once last year. as tmccc ruless and pairing concept is somewhat foreign to most all other types of bracket racing.

Now of course a racer, running in the consolation race, when a racer made it past 2nd round is a clear rule violation, but if a racer is intentionally going to violate such a rule, not sure who or when someone could / should have caught that.  I'd think one quick easy perventer, would be to rule to DQ said racer and remove points from the racer / club for for that race... awarding said points to their opponents / respective clubs. Then the odds of that happening again would be remote....but prob a good thing I'm not in charge of such things lol

5/20/2015 6:14 pm  #6

Thanks Folks for the kind words I do pull cards at TXR on bracket race night and race there i just dont pull the cards in the class at i run in.Unless i'm out then i will. Same as i was doing at Denton.not real sure how by pulling cards is cheating.

5/20/2015 6:46 pm  #7

Spot on Randy. 
As far as the pairing goes, I think Broom did great.  Maybe other clubs should step up and help out.

5/20/2015 6:47 pm  #8

broom wrote:

Thanks Folks for the kind words I do pull cards at TXR on bracket race night and race there i just dont pull the cards in the class at i run in.Unless i'm out then i will. Same as i was doing at Denton.not real sure how by pulling cards is cheating.

Didn't realize you pulled cards for summit et.. guess that explains why you look like a pro doing it. lol

5/20/2015 7:00 pm  #9

broom wrote:

U do a good job. Its not that everyone complains but more we just want it to be fair cross the board. Yeah sire not for money just for fun but still enjoy a good competition. Now like said above I like the idea of each club helping out with pulling cards.  I'm not against it

5/20/2015 10:38 pm  #10

Sandbagger

Let's make Drag Racing great again. 😉

5/21/2015 10:46 am  #11

Surfer1420 wrote:

Sandbagger

sandbaggers all... lol

5/22/2015 9:37 am  #12

FYI to RandTX's earlier post about pulling points from a Racer who should not have been racing in the Race of
Champions:  just so everyone knows--there are no points awarded to a Racer or Club for Race of Champions.
   ROC's purpose is to give 2 Racers per Club an opportunity to get more seat time if they have lost in either the First
or Second round. (Notice it does not say 3rd Round).  It does suck to tow/drive all the way to a Race and go out
the first round. (or second).  How well I know. 

5/22/2015 4:44 pm  #13

Robert does a great job pulling cards. Runs smoother with someone who knows what's going on.

Chad Boren
514TorqueCentral
2017 Infiniti Q50 3.0T
2002 NBM Z28 M6

5/23/2015 6:25 pm  #14

DanThompson wrote:

FYI to RandTX's earlier post about pulling points from a Racer who should not have been racing in the Race of
Champions:  just so everyone knows--there are no points awarded to a Racer or Club for Race of Champions.
   ROC's purpose is to give 2 Racers per Club an opportunity to get more seat time if they have lost in either the First
or Second round. (Notice it does not say 3rd Round).  It does suck to tow/drive all the way to a Race and go out
the first round. (or second).  How well I know. 

I was actualy reffering to the points the racer and club earned in the reg class racing.. which admitedly would be harsh penalty, but reallly would get clubs really watching their own rather than each other.

5/23/2015 7:58 pm  #15

Has this racers club been advised of his actions?

5/24/2015 2:32 pm  #16

stumpy wrote:

Has this racers club been advised of his actions?

yes, I got an email from the the club president after posting my comment, expaining who it was, and kind of what all happened. I wouldn't expect that club to have that happen again. Other clubs.. who knows. and why I'd suggest a putting a penaly in place ahead of (next) time. as what happend in this instance, IMO it's water under the bridge now, and I understand was resolved by putting racers back into the ROC that had lost to the DQ'd racer. which seems fair.

Board footera