You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/29/2014 3:39 pm  #1

North Star 9-28-14 and Texas Raceway 10-5-14

Wow what a day at the track. We had a little bit of everything I feel safe in saying. Long story short there was 191 tech cards, 2 oil downs and the 2nd night race of the year. The 2nd oil down at about 8pm made it easy to call the race. There are only 4 finals that need to be run and that will happen at Texas Raceway this Sunday.
I have talked to Cindi and this will be the run order for Oct 5th:
round 1 and 2 time trials starting with pro, super pro, electronics, stock, street, super and king
4 finals from North Star 9-28 race starting with stock, street, super, and king
Oct eliminations starting with pro, super pro, electronics, stock, street, super and king

If you didn't pick up your award at yesterday's race we will have them at this Sunday's race.

See ya Sunday
Mark

9/30/2014 7:31 am  #2

Re: North Star 9-28-14 and Texas Raceway 10-5-14

There will only be 3 finals to run Sunday at Kennedale. I will be out of town and won't be there to run the final of Super, so whomever I had will be the winner by default. Have a good race. I hope it goes smoother than the last!

Last edited by Richard467 (9/30/2014 7:31 am)

10/01/2014 10:01 pm  #3

Richard467 wrote:

There will only be 3 finals to run Sunday at Kennedale. I will be out of town and won't be there to run the final of Super, so whomever I had will be the winner by default. Have a good race. I hope it goes smoother than the last!

Well that doesn't exactly seem fair to you. Mark is there any type of accommodation that can be made to run that final at ennis as a 1/8th mile before eliminations?

10/02/2014 7:03 am  #4

It's not a big deal at all. I don't intend to go to Ennis either. I'm not geared to run 1/4 mile. I never do. So, I'll just look at it as the luck of the draw on my part and go on. I'm running my back-up motor and it's quite a bit slower than normal, as I usually run in Pro and it's always a 1/8 mile class. It just didn't work out in my favor. I do appeciate the thought though.  ~ Richard 

10/02/2014 10:07 am  #5

A very nice thought but it would set a bad precedent for future races and leave things open for abuse of the system. Sorry you won't be able to make it to the last two races Richard.

10/02/2014 3:47 pm  #6

If Richard was able to make it to Ennis and the other car in super was ok with it I would have no problem running that final at the Motorplex. It would be a 1/8 mile race. Richard let me know what you want to do after hearing that and we will decide from there.
I do impart agree with Rick but if everyone is in agreement I don't have a problem with it. We aren't breaking any rules here.
Thanks
Mark

10/02/2014 4:09 pm  #7

Let's talk about the rules and this might affect what those involved decides to do. According to tmccc rules you must take the tree to get points for that round. Richard that means you will get semifinalist points and the other half of the final must take the tree to get finals points. Keep in mind if you decide to go to Ennis and finish the race the other half of the final must be in agreement or the race is over at Kennedale. Sorry if this seams unfair but this is how we need to hadle this according to the rules.

See ya
Mark

10/02/2014 9:26 pm  #8

Mark once you start seperating the race for one class then you must do it for all the classes or not at all. Do you realy want to set this precedent? The finals for all the other classes  are scheduled for the Kennedale race not Ennis. Also Richard has already said he would forfiet the race and wasn't goinig to Ennis so this should be a non issue.

10/03/2014 4:55 am  #9

When I decided to cancel the race Sunday at North Star I felt it was the right thing to do considering the time of day. I also stand behind my comments here because I believe fair is fair.
The only other thing I will do related to this is get with Phillip and get names of those that need to finish the last race. I will contact those racers as needed.
Thanks for your comments.

See ya
Mark

10/03/2014 6:36 am  #10

To me, it's all about good sportsmanship. If two racers agree to postpone a race, and it does not interfere with anyone else, that sounds good to me. As long as it does not go against any rules or cause problems that is. I'm the kind of guy that will wait at the stripe if you have problems or won't start. Now if the burn out has already been done, the normal 60 second wait rule should apply.

10/04/2014 6:06 am  #11

Mark, I am one of the finalist for stock, and I am ok with Richard running his final at either track.

10/04/2014 8:15 am  #12

hmm looks the king finals is going to be a hot lap immediately following the king 2nd time trial...
oh well such is life lol and does recreate the denton hot lap situation as it would have played out..
so I have no problem with that.

10/04/2014 10:11 am  #13

markbuchanan wrote:

Let's talk about the rules and this might affect what those involved decides to do. According to tmccc rules you must take the tree to get points for that round. Richard that means you will get semifinalist points and the other half of the final must take the tree to get finals points. Keep in mind if you decide to go to Ennis and finish the race the other half of the final must be in agreement or the race is over at Kennedale. Sorry if this seams unfair but this is how we need to hadle this according to the rules.

See ya
Mark

BTW to discussion of the rules...
I think we need to change the points system.
There is no good logic to awarding the looser in the semifinals more points than the winner.
and I think points should align with trophy.. not a deal where potentially a finalist gets less points than than the semifinalist (as in the runner up could not take the light in the finals) l

and this sort of thing just points that out.  If a racer that wins in the semifinals then can't race in the finals or both racers can't, say race is just terminated with no completion the current system puts the racers that lost in the semi finials in ahead of the racer(s) that beat them by one point.

So for next year I propose we amend the point rule to not award more points to the losers than the winners, at any point in the competition

Heck easy enough, similar to other elimination rounds the winner and loser of semifinals could get 2 points each. then in the finals give 2 points runner up and 4 points to the winner. that would normally end up with everyone earning the same points as now on a fully completed race
Or increase the spread a bit and in semi finals give loser 2 winner 3  and same in finals..
that way if a race was terminated (aka neither finalist could take the light in the finals) the would be finalists would minimally be one point ahead of the semifinalist  they just beat rather than even with them
or worse yet  vs as is now.. one point behind the racers they beat in the semi finals
and with both options, esp latter, it would not be such and issue to retain the if you don't take the light you don't get any points for that round logic which has merit on own.

To the opposite side of the issue, maybe someone can explain how there is ANY advantage to giving the loser more points than the winner in such competition (as it is now in the semfinals.)
because to me giving a racer less points for winning than loosing in a situation where perhaps they broke their car in the process of winning semifinals is just adding insult to injury
All I can guess is nobody considered the possibility that a finalist couldn't take the tree and thus would end up being penalized point wise for wining the semifinals rather than losing as the current rules are set up.

10/04/2014 2:53 pm  #14

RandTx wrote:

markbuchanan wrote:

See ya
Mark

BTW to discussion of the rules...
I think we need to change the points system.
There is no good logic to awarding the looser in the semifinals more points than the winner.
and I think points should align with trophy.. not a deal where potentially a finalist gets less points than than the semifinalist (as in the runner up could not take the light in the finals) l

and this sort of thing just points that out.  If a racer that wins in the semifinals then can't race in the finals or both racers can't, say race is just terminated with no completion the current system puts the racers that lost in the semi finials in ahead of the racer(s) that beat them by one point.

So for next year I propose we amend the point rule to not award more points to the losers than the winners, at any point in the competition

Heck easy enough, similar to other elimination rounds the winner and loser of semifinals could get 2 points each. then in the finals give 2 points runner up and 4 points to the winner. that would normally end up with everyone earning the same points as now on a fully completed race
Or increase the spread a bit and in semi finals give loser 2 winner 3  and same in finals..
that way if a race was terminated (aka neither finalist could take the light in the finals) the would be finalists would minimally be one point ahead of the semifinalist  they just beat rather than even with them
or worse yet  vs as is now.. one point behind the racers they beat in the semi finals
and with both options, esp latter, it would not be such and issue to retain the if you don't take the light you don't get any points for that round logic which has merit on own.

To the opposite side of the issue, maybe someone can explain how there is ANY advantage to giving the loser more points than the winner in such competition (as it is now in the semfinals.)
because to me giving a racer less points for winning than loosing in a situation where perhaps they broke their car in the process of winning semifinals is just adding insult to injury
All I can guess is nobody considered the possibility that a finalist couldn't take the tree and thus would end up being penalized point wise for wining the semifinals rather than losing as the current rules are set up.

Well put randy

10/04/2014 4:26 pm  #15

I will post the new run order for tomorrow which will be more friendly to the NorthStar finalist that will run tomorrow.
Time trials will run stock to electronics and eliminations will run pro to king.
A competition by is part of racing, but it might not have happened this way before in the tmccc. The club reps will talk about this over the winter if not before. 

Thanks for your input
Mark

10/06/2014 8:29 am  #16

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. Didn't realize I was opening a can of worms. I'm fine with losing by default. I do appreciate the effort to try to accomodate me with this, but I have previous plans for both dates, so it won't work out. Thank you to all that tried to make it work. ~ Richard

Board footera