You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/16/2014 4:27 pm  #1

Could Kennedale have been any worse?

No timing boards to start then no time slips?  I understand electronics can go haywire sometimes but all at the same time?  The sewer in the bathroom was backed up so they were closed for awhile, it caused the food shack to open late?   I'm not sure what else could have gone wrong? Oh yeah tech in was aweful!  The lady was terrible don't know about the rest? I went up for the 2nd TT and the guy said where is your tech card? I teched in already Oh you don't have a sticker? She didn't give me one. She didn't even know what number to put on the car? Just pick your favorite number she says... What? Then she wanted to argue with some guy on a bike instead of teching me in.  They sucked!

David N.
Team K

9/16/2014 5:18 pm  #2

Re: Could Kennedale have been any worse?

Then this crap about not letting us race in the groove without slicks and making us run our street tires through the lake at the starting line. Either make sure the starting line has a DRY passage for street tires or let us run in the same groove. We all have the same right to traction

9/17/2014 3:36 am  #3

They had 6 months to get our "first" race right and that screwed it all up. Oh well. Still had a good time. Got to watch my step mom shelly ride a mini bike. Greatness lol

9/17/2014 8:00 am  #4

lol oh hell yeah it could have been worse... I stayed for TnT / FuG...
a racer broke a light pole with his trailer dropping it and power lines across the retrun road... had to shut down the power down n have an electrician come out to fix that.. right after they got it back going toothpick threw a rod in the donny boy truck.. not all that much distance but a really hard oild down to fix before IDK forever before they could get things running again.  Cindi was prob right, she should have quit as soon as they found tampons stuffed in the toilet/ sewer lines that morning lol

9/18/2014 3:41 am  #5

wonderjet16 wrote:

Well when I saw Cindi doing the water boxes I knew we were in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol greatness right here

9/19/2014 6:39 am  #6

I'll address some of this... And yes, it was not a smooth day.
No time slips? The tower has a print out, if you somehow don't get one, they will write you one out. And the score borads were off for a few passes, we don't race off score boards, we do need them for dial ins later. Still not a unforgivable disaster.

Bathroom disaster? When feminine things get stuck, it will over flow. No one knows until someone lets employees know.

Tech? If you look, there are lots of new faces. They had no clue what a MC Challenge was until that morning. As far as "pick your favorite number?" Thats what I got told at TM a while back. Lots of people want their "own" number (car year, ect...)

Now, I'm REALLY not going to make friends here... Street tires out of the slick groove. Northstar did this first, TM followed a couple of weeks ago, TXR followed. Get ready, THIS is the future. Street tire guys want to be in the groove that the slicks produce, and I promise you, it destroys the groove in a hurry. Imagine you have just put in a new flower bed, looks great, then some guy comes through with a tiller. When the racing starts, the entire starting line is even, the slick guys produce their own groove, the street tires have theirs. If you had any water (or lake as it was put) I must have missed it, I'm sorry. Hang out sometime and watch how hard it is to chase those trails of water that almost EVERY street car leaves. I promise you I go home sore, this is the hardest race to work the starting line due to this. And the radiator issue, that car only had water in it (no coolant), and he never got close to the launch pad, the starting line was not even close to being compromised. I have a slick car, and a small (P215/70R15) street car, and I line up out of the groove everywhere I go, my street car does not spin, and no burnout needed (runs 9.00's) Not fast, but some cars running slower have problems, I had problems, but I fixed it to go down any track, any situation... Sometimes the cones got put out a little more out of the groove, because there are a few guys that try to line up right on them (actually running over them) So they get moved out a little more. And also a couple of times when they were not there, a few went right to the slick goove. I figured racers would "do the right thing" and stay out of the groove. Even heavy trucks that do not spin, hurt the goove, it leaves the tread pattern in it. The rubber on the track is very soft, it doesn't take much to damage it. I do pay attention to most cars, and ET's when they run. I try to keep the starting line decent all day, I even spray out of the slick groove.

Cindi jumps in anytime needed, that should tell you there was a struggle that day. I think she even helped on the plumbing repair!
If anyone has any questions (or comments) on anything, you can ask, or PM me, or see me at the races.
Thanks for reading, Duane

9/19/2014 9:26 am  #7

The different groove doesn't bother me as it may some?  I had mostly 1.8XX sixty fts and one 1.9 on street tires.

Last edited by fAST86GN (9/19/2014 9:27 am)

David N.
Team K

9/19/2014 9:39 am  #8

Duane,
  Thanks for posting and letting us "see the other side of the coin" .

9/19/2014 9:56 am  #9

It isn't the racing out of the groove that upsets me near as much as not having a dry area to get to the line through. I have street tires and I spin if I hit water. The guys working the water sprayed almost all the way from one side to the other.with maybe a 3 foot gap in the center. When was the last time you saw a 3 foot wide car?

9/19/2014 11:36 am  #10

Ah, now I see about the water. The bad part is, that is where the drain is for the water box, so that's why there is too much water back there. They were supposed to not spray when street tire cars came up to try to keep it dry. They do need more training... I try to help on that. We have one more shot on 10/05 hopefully things will go better! If there's any problems, we are always trying to get it right, just let us know. I hope no one took my previous post as being a "butt head" it was just meant to point out the "whys" of some things. I'm always open to discuss any problems, and that goes for any track I'm at. I'm not afraid to help out or find out why something happened.
See ya'll at Northstar

Last edited by YellowStangDuane (9/19/2014 11:43 am)

9/19/2014 2:25 pm  #11

The "open time trials" was a total cluster****.  Mark Buchanon asked Cindi what was up with the
open TT that morning once  it was announced and she was insistent that "we have always done it that way".  WRONG--maybe she was just stressed out about everything going wrong at once that morning and had a memory glitch????   I sat in line forever-the young kid directing traffic skipped our lane
over and over until I got sick of it and got out of my car and very nicely pointed out the error of his ways.
.  (Actually I was very nice to him--not a bad kid--he just wasn't paying much attention).

9/19/2014 2:26 pm  #12

Calling everyone up at once was a cluster, was not supposed to happen, it was never done this way before... Will be corrected (I hope, tower is out of my control) If you want the street tire cars in the groove, the Club and Mark will have to agree or  vote on that (my opinion) and I wouldn't care one way or the other, but traction will be compromised with the street tires in the groove. Go ask any 6.80 or faster car what they think next Sunday, all the slick guys that talked to me are glad it is being done. Racing should be fun, if going to a certain track is unpleasant for you, you shouldn't go, I have places I will not go, just personal preference. Mistakes happen, I make them at my weekly job, and I'm pretty sure there is no one that never screws up something.

Last edited by YellowStangDuane (9/19/2014 2:41 pm)

9/19/2014 2:47 pm  #13

The thing is if you are running for points in the TMCCC you don't have the choice of not going to track. With only 8-10 races a season at 4 or 5 different tracks you can't be that selective or you are out of the points chase real quickly. You pay to race and expect the track to be in good raceable condition with the program run in a professional manner. How fast your car runs should have no bearing on it. We don't get in any cheaper just because our cars are slower so why shouldn't we get the same benefits as the faster class cars.You are right. Racing should be fun but it should be fun for all the classes.

9/19/2014 2:58 pm  #14

Well, I guess ya'll taught me something today. Now I know why most track employees (all tracks) put blinders on and say "It is what it is"

9/19/2014 4:23 pm  #15

YellowStangDuane wrote:

Well, I guess ya'll taught me something today. Now I know why most track employees (all tracks) put blinders on and say "It is what it is"

lol  "Well it's alright now... I've learned my lesson well If you can't please everyone learn to please yourself"  The song goes someting like that.

Last edited by fAST86GN (9/19/2014 4:26 pm)

David N.
Team K

9/19/2014 4:41 pm  #16

We have your entrance fee so now "It is what it is". Not the best way to run a business is it. Most weekly  jobs if you make mistakes you get your butt fired.

9/19/2014 5:05 pm  #17

Nope, didn't say that at all. Plus, I don't see any entry fees. This is a part time deal for me, the money I make will not pay my water bill. I do it because I have a passion for this hobby, and thought I was making a difference. What I meant was, my mistake for taking part in this message board discussion.

9/19/2014 7:35 pm  #18

I think everyone has a bad day every now and then. I'm sure when we return to Kennedale in Oct. it will be just like old times.

Duane as always thanks for your input.

Mark  

9/27/2014 7:37 am  #19

Having issues on raceday is nothing new.  The issues were dealt with and the race continued.. That is all you can ask for from any track.  There were some new faces working and will take time for them to get in the groove of things we think are fundimental. The fact that Cindi was all over the place just proves she was trying to make thing work.. Duane did his usual great job at the lone.  If you never have had an issue at a track that was struggling thru a speed bump you have been very lucky.. You guys did the best with what you had to work with, no one can ask for more..

Let's make Drag Racing great again. 😉

Board footera