You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2014 2:38 pm  #1

A Little Consideration Please

Ok so I understand the "want" to have all of your club together during these races but is it really nessecary to cone off 15 parking spots when you only have 10 cars that show up on a regular basis. This doses 3 things. # 1 it irritates everyone that makes the effort to show up early to get a good spot just to see that the person who was 1st of second in line has coned off every one of the close spots before they even parked the car and trailer. #2 it makes parking for others alot more difficult for everyone. The club I am a member of has by far the biggest turn out yet you don't see us putting 20 cones out and taking up 2 spaces at every race. #3 To me the whole idea of TMCCC is to get to know other people from other clubs as we all share the same passion, CARS. Why not make everyone your friend instead of staying within your "click" I'd like to think of TMCCC as a family of car lovers but it is starting to look more and more like turf wars over a parking spot. Just my 2 cents and I know it doesn't matter but maybe a little consideration would go along way.

4/28/2014 7:52 pm  #2

Re: A Little Consideration Please

We have talked about saving spots several times over the years and a lot of people still do it. It does seem to be getting a little out of hand, so let's try and be so greedy with the spot saving.
Thanks!
Mark

4/28/2014 8:48 pm  #3

Mark, maybe this should be discussed with the clubs representives at your next board meeting. Or at Least by email.

Last edited by stumpy (4/28/2014 8:48 pm)

4/29/2014 4:47 am  #4

stumpy wrote:

Mark, maybe this should be discussed with the clubs representives at your next board meeting. Or at Least by email.

That sounds fair.

5/01/2014 3:29 am  #5

We can do that but it has been discussed several times over the years. We will talk again.

Mark

5/01/2014 3:48 pm  #6

Well i would say That reason  that some do this is that they cooked for there club and it's easy to eat when everybody is right there and some share genator and things of that nature.You may get some one next to you that has no genator or air.Then both are screwed  

5/01/2014 6:25 pm  #7

Cowtown cooks for the whole club and we have generators ,battery chargers and compressors we share but we DON'T cone any spots nor do we all have to park together. We usually have 20 -30 cars at a race and the are scattered all over the pit area. There is no reason the rest of the clubs can't do the same thing.

5/01/2014 9:03 pm  #8

Lol  Thats funny i seen your guys marking spots off Sunday with chairs and cones and parking there cars sideways to save spots.hahaha.  So after every pass you will lone me your genator and battery charger so i can cool my car down. But sense there is only 4 in our clubat the most at a race  we will still do what we do  Sorry

5/02/2014 3:58 am  #9

I believe the problem people have is not coning off spots but coning off the spots and not using them all.

5/02/2014 6:42 am  #10

Hey Broom, save me a spot Sunday!

5/02/2014 8:03 am  #11

broom wrote:

Lol  Thats funny i seen your guys marking spots off Sunday with chairs and cones and parking there cars sideways to save spots.hahaha.  So after every pass you will lone me your genator and battery charger so i can cool my car down. But sense there is only 4 in our clubat the most at a race  we will still do what we do  Sorry

I can totally understand saving a few spots for your buddies but placing cones for the entire club when you have more than 5 members is just being selfish to everyone else in the pits. Take for instance RRCC they save 4-5 spaces but they pack them with 12 or more cars. Last Sunday I parked by Mark and we had 4 cars parked in 2 spots 2 cars had trailers and we had the smoker. The point I was trying to make with the thread is that it's not really fair for the poeple that get to the races before the gates even open to have to drive past 30 empty parking spots be for they park just because the 1st 3 people in line cone off half of the parking lot. Sunday I drove in to Northstar at 9:45, I had to park at the very end of the track which I totally expected. What I didn't expect was passing 15 parking spots that were coned off by other clubs that weren't being used and ended up just being a more spread out group.

5/02/2014 8:05 am  #12

broom wrote:

And yes I would lone you my generator, battery charger, and even my fan if you needed it.

5/02/2014 9:18 am  #13

steelhorse5778 wrote:

broom wrote:

I can totally understand saving a few spots for your buddies but placing cones for the entire club when you have more than 5 members is just being selfish to everyone else in the pits. Take for instance RRCC they save 4-5 spaces but they pack them with 12 or more cars. Last Sunday I parked by Mark and we had 4 cars parked in 2 spots 2 cars had trailers and we had the smoker. The point I was trying to make with the thread is that it's not really fair for the poeple that get to the races before the gates even open to have to drive past 30 empty parking spots be for they park just because the 1st 3 people in line cone off half of the parking lot. Sunday I drove in to Northstar at 9:45, I had to park at the very end of the track which I totally expected. What I didn't expect was passing 15 parking spots that were coned off by other clubs that weren't being used and ended up just being a more spread out group.

I agree! It really sucks when there is wasted space, we all like a lot of room, but at theses races where the pits are packed, it makes sense to "tighten up" With cell phones/texting, ect... there is no reason NOT to know who is not going to show up and adjust the saved spots. I usually bring the Maverick to these, and it's real easy for me to "squeeze" in and not take up much room.

5/02/2014 12:31 pm  #14

wonderjet16 wrote:

YellowStangDuane wrote:

Hey Broom, save me a spot Sunday!

Don't tell us you are going to Redline. Are you going to work the starting line?

Am I not welcome there? LOL!  Yes, I think I'll crawl out from under my rock and come racing. I guess if they need help, I'm always ready to help out any track I'm at. Never been to Redline, I figure this is a good time to go. Going to be a tough weekend though, TXR tonight, a couple of hours sleep, fishing at Towakani tomorrow, TXR again Saturday night, then Redline Sunday. Chase me to the lanes, I won't be worth anything I'll be so tired!!!

5/02/2014 6:43 pm  #15

YellowStangDuane wrote:

steelhorse5778 wrote:

broom wrote:

I know we had squeezed up as best we could. Us cars that were not on a trailer we doubled stacked then a few of our trailer guys got cozy in one lane with 2 trailers

I agree! It really sucks when there is wasted space, we all like a lot of room, but at theses races where the pits are packed, it makes sense to "tighten up" With cell phones/texting, ect... there is no reason NOT to know who is not going to show up and adjust the saved spots. I usually bring the Maverick to these, and it's real easy for me to "squeeze" in and not take up much room.

5/06/2014 6:19 am  #16

I here what your saying and i wish we didnt have to do that either but when we first started our club we would of like to parked up front or close to restrooms but it seemed that the cone clowns were in force back then and very territorial! So we allways ended up in the dirt or the grass at the end of track and pissed off the wives thats bs but we went along with it, but now we have grown to avg. 12 to 15 cars at every race and found a need in saving a few  for our regulars that show up to all our races somewhere  on pavement and we still have 4-6 regulars that that park as a group elswhere on the track! i personally dont care im there to race and have a good time! Saving spots for people that may or may not or possible show up and leave a bunch open and bitch about it thats BS! U cant save spots all day so u can spread out and have a party! Save what u need so others can park to!

Last edited by nova566 (5/06/2014 6:21 am)

Board footera