You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2014 1:29 pm  #1

1997 Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge

I live in Montreal, Canada and own a 1965 Ford Falcon that I’ve been told won its class at the 1997 Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge at the Texas Motorplex in Ennis, TX. I trust that this information is true but I was wondering if anyone might have any records or other information regarding the race. The owner of the Falcon in 1997 was Michael Hutchins. Unfortunately, I do not know his car club, class, time, etc., but I may be able to get this information if need be. I'd appreciate any info you might be able to pass my way. Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by graham (3/05/2014 7:16 pm)

3/16/2014 3:54 pm  #2

Re: 1997 Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge

Mikey was known as the canadian flyer by us. We are the Hillbilly Hot Rods. as a matter of fact we have a canadian flag that hangs in dads shop in honor or Mikey. If you say him tell him that Jeff and Leo Thompson say Hi!! unfortunately I cant remember the ET he used to run or the class, but I will try to find out for you.

3/16/2014 3:59 pm  #3

I think he ran Pro Muscle and ran into the 11's without..low 7's in the eighth

3/17/2014 6:35 am  #4

Thanks a bunch for the info!
Mike once shared with me that his time with the Hillbilly Hot Rods (great name, btw) rank as his favourite memories. He also told me how instumental you folks were with helping him build the Falcon. She's a beauty and remains unchanged from the days that knew her. Mike told me that his best time was at Hallsville (12.70 @108mph).
Absolutley, I will pass along your "hello" to Mike(y). If you'd like his e-mail contact, drop me a message at graham.kerr05@gmail.com

3/24/2014 7:39 am  #5

Hi Jeff and Leo, Mike asked me to pass along his "hello" and was hoping that I had an e-mail address for either of you. Drop me message at graham.kerr05@gmail.com and I'll give you his e-mail contact. Here's a relic from '97, (hope the image isn't too huge)

Board footera