You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/12/2013 2:50 pm  #1

Redline race rescheduled

After talking to the track manager and looking at 50 to 70 percent rain chance tomorrow the race is canceled and rescheduled for next Sunday Oct 20th gates open at 8am.
See ya then
Mark

10/12/2013 3:42 pm  #2

Re: Redline race rescheduled

Thanks for the early heads up

Chad Boren
514TorqueCentral
2017 Infiniti Q50 3.0T
2002 NBM Z28 M6

10/12/2013 6:01 pm  #3

well that is the same weekend as the Bracket finals. That some of us run all year long so we can make the braket finals team. so i guess i will see yall at Kennadale 

10/12/2013 6:16 pm  #4

when you have a track champion running at Ennis in the Brcaket finals and running in second place in his or her class.we 4 pionts from winning that class.that just is not right.

10/12/2013 6:58 pm  #5

The unfortunate result of Texas weather and limited options.

10/12/2013 7:22 pm  #6

My apologies to those representing local tracks next weekend at the braket finals. it's unfortunate we had to create this scheduling conflict but there was no other date left to schedule the race. Good luck to you all!!!
See ya at Kennedale
Mark

10/12/2013 9:48 pm  #7

Yes I know Texas weather can be unpredictable. I'm just very disappointed and feel rob of my chances of winning my class.

10/13/2013 8:21 am  #8

ITS aGREAT DAY TO GO RACING

10/13/2013 9:44 am  #9

Casey472z wrote:

Yes I know Texas weather can be unpredictable. I'm just very disappointed and feel rob of my chances of winning my class.

That's the problem with running in two different series. Sometimes they end up overlapping and you end up having to make a choice. Don't give up yet you still have one more race.   Good luck at Ennis.

Last edited by stumpy (10/13/2013 9:45 am)

10/13/2013 4:36 pm  #10

Ya never know the weatherman can get it wrong next week and it will rain all weekend then they will have to reschedule that race as well.

10/13/2013 6:34 pm  #11

stumpy wrote:

Casey472z wrote:

That's the problem with running in two different series. Sometimes they end up overlapping and you end up having to make a choice. Don't give up yet you still have one more race.   Good luck at Ennis.

Well that's why I race with this club because it doesn't overlap the brackets races that we race. Bracket races are always on a Saturday not Sunday. I just think that they should have just cancelled it and not rescheduled the race seeing how it is so late in the season and to give those that are so close a chance. That's all in saying. Beside I never saw any rain today.

10/13/2013 7:17 pm  #12

It was rescheduled to give the 160+ racers in the series a chance. It rained in Grand prairie and Arlington.

10/13/2013 7:18 pm  #13

If you are in the lead it works for you to cancel a race but for those in the chase for points it is not fair to them. Point is everyone is never going to be happy no matter what the decision is. Most of us are in this series for the fun of competition and maybe a little recognition. 

I wouldn't want Marks job because it seems that no matter what decision he makes someone is not going to be happy. Mark, you are doing a great job and I am 100% behind your decisions.

Mike Bearce
​Treasurer - TMCCC
Cowtown Mopars
2015 Dodge Charger

10/13/2013 11:09 pm  #14

It suxs for sure. But But things happen. So just make a choice. Easiest thing to do

10/14/2013 9:11 am  #15

mbearce wrote:

If you are in the lead it works for you to cancel a race but for those in the chase for points it is not fair to them. Point is everyone is never going to be happy no matter what the decision is. Most of us are in this series for the fun of competition and maybe a little recognition.

I wouldn't want Marks job because it seems that no matter what decision he makes someone is not going to be happy. Mark, you are doing a great job and I am 100% behind your decisions.

Mike you are correct on all aspects. I can feel for Mark to have to make those decisions knowing he is not going to make everyone happy. He is doing a great job and all we can do is stand behind him 100%.

10/14/2013 9:56 am  #16

In case some of you don't know a percentage if the race entry fees goes to the prize fund and banquet costs.So every race cancelation takes a big chunk out the the cash available for prize money,trophies,door prizes and other expenses. Mark makes hard decisions and has to balance things so that the largest number of racers are best served. Thanks Mark.

10/14/2013 4:21 pm  #17

Thanks for the comments and support. 

These are the things I took into consideration before making the decision Saturday: I have a handful of people I contact and ask for their input, the weather forecast, schedule conflicts and the track owner asking to reschedule. The choices were reschedule or run the race. I put a lot of wieght on the track owners request. That's how I came to the conclusion.
We have over 160 racers this year in the reward program and 5 or 6 of them will be at the bracket finals. We have 20 active clubs in the challenge. It's difficult to avoid all the conflicts in scheduling but for the most part we accomplish this task. At the challenge board members meeting each Winter we work on a schedule that works best for everyone. Everyone understands that if we have to reschedule a race we may not be able to avoid one of these dates that was requested to avoid. Such was the case with the 1st race of the year and the Lone Star Corvette Club.
  I know this won't make the reschedule decision any more popular for some racers but this is my attempt at explaining how I made the decision to reschedule and what goes into making the schedule.

10/15/2013 4:31 am  #18

Mark u are doing a great job. u cant control the weather so things happen. We all know you bust your butt to make this work. not everyone will be happy but that is how it is sometimes  keep up the great work

Board footera