You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/26/2013 8:16 pm  #1

ardmore 2013

Is this a rain out or not? $ need to know pretty quick!

9/26/2013 9:03 pm  #2

Re: ardmore 2013

That probably won't be decided until they see if it rains Saturday. No need to make a rash choice this early.

9/26/2013 9:59 pm  #3

Just watched the news 100% chnace on Saturday and 80% on Sunday till mid afternoon

9/26/2013 10:37 pm  #4

Saturday is to late will lose reservation and truck rental $ NOT BEING RASH have to know by noon tomorrow not saturday! Would need to be at hotel sat. noon!  Thanks steelhourse 5778 you confirmed my feelings cant wait till Sat to make my mind up?

9/27/2013 6:33 am  #5

According to the weathercasts this AM (Friday) Ardmore looks good for Sunday.  They show the rain being in the metroplex way south of ardmore.

9/27/2013 7:46 am  #6

The bad thing about Ardmore is the pit parking is mainly grass (unless they've made improvements since last year).  A big rain Saturday will make it a mess for Sunday.

The rain chances for Saturday are enough to make me cancel my hotel reservation, don't have the money to waste if we get rained out.  If we race I'll see everyone bright and early on 35W Sunday morning!

~Sarah
TMCCC President
(Ford Muscle Race Club)

9/27/2013 3:17 pm  #7

This is a difficult one to call. Right now it looks like we will cancel and not try to reschedule the race. I will post by 5pm Saturday if the race is canceled or not. Hope this helps. Thanks

Mark Buchanan

9/27/2013 4:08 pm  #8

Just need to know before it's time to roll on Sunday morning for me. The forcast up there for Sunday is dry. The rain is here not there. Like it was stated though lot's of grass and no concrete could make it messy?

David N.
Team K

9/27/2013 4:10 pm  #9

Rick. tell Susan enough with the rain dance

Mike Bearce
​Treasurer - TMCCC
Cowtown Mopars
2015 Dodge Charger

9/27/2013 4:48 pm  #10

I thought that was your specality. You do the dance and leave town so you don't miss a race. LOL  We had enough rain in Florida. It rained everyday but one out of eight. Sure was glad to get back to Texas.

9/27/2013 5:25 pm  #11

I didn't leave town. I went to my grand daughters dance recital

Mike Bearce
​Treasurer - TMCCC
Cowtown Mopars
2015 Dodge Charger

9/27/2013 6:31 pm  #12

Looks like it might be a cancellation. Ouch ! there goes the high points. I was depending of those to make my big come back.

9/27/2013 8:22 pm  #13

I will be running up there on saturday in there bracket racing program. So i hope i see everybody there

9/28/2013 5:47 am  #14

Still on I guess?  Everyone in our club has cancelled reservations except two of us that are up in the points.  Whining also about not going out to get stuck in mud or getting it all in their cars.  But if most don't go, just easier for the ones that do.

9/28/2013 7:21 am  #15

I think its still too early to judge. My weather forcast says rain moving out of  oklahoma early afternoon. If thats the case maybe it will dry out some.

9/28/2013 7:52 am  #16

This is not a Kennedale race that we can make a last minute decision to make a rain out call! I was lookin for a little consideration for all the racers that have hotel reservation that a quick call could be made so people can cancel hotels without being penalized! For a lot of families this is time to get out and get together with race friends! We look forward to out of town races so quick decision would give time to cancel hotel and make other plans, so we miss a race there will be others but  it beats sitting around not doing anything just waiting for a last minute call! P.S. No hard feelings!

9/28/2013 8:04 am  #17

I'm with you.  Fixing to cancel my room too.  Will drive up Sunday if necessary.  Probably the problem is that we have the track reserved.  If we cancel and not the track, we lose the deposit.  This can be a big expense for a club our size plus we usually spend most any profit we do make on the banquet.

9/28/2013 2:37 pm  #18

Heading up into Oklahoma now seems fine just cloudy

9/28/2013 2:56 pm  #19

Let's let  Mark and the track make the decision.  Mark said we will have an answer by 5 so give him a chance. Radar shows that  the rain is gone in Ardmore now and now it needs to dry out.  The track owner knows his track better than any of us do down here.  Personally I want to race but I will stand behind Marks decision

Mike Bearce
​Treasurer - TMCCC
Cowtown Mopars
2015 Dodge Charger

9/28/2013 3:04 pm  #20

mbearce wrote:

Let's let  Mark and the track make the decision.  Mark said we will have an answer by 5 so give him a chance. Radar shows that  the rain is gone in Ardmore now and now it needs to dry out.  The track owner knows his track better than any of us do down here.  Personally I want to race but I will stand behind Marks decision

Agreed. On all points. I think we will be in the clear but we will see

9/28/2013 3:36 pm  #21

Oreos_stang3 wrote:

mbearce wrote:

Agreed. On all points. I think we will be in the clear but we will see

Yes agreed since he did say by 5pm today. People need to be patient. Living in Little Elm and having gone thru this for the 1st Ennis race I get the wanting to know thing but once Mark posted as to when a decision would be made it doesn't make sense to keep poking about it.

Red River Car Club Racing

9/28/2013 3:40 pm  #22

It's a tough call to make a decision this early. Been in that position in the past. Either way someone is going to be upset.

Mark will make the decision with input from the track operations folks and advise everyone as soon as he can. I know it's hard to make plans when things are up in the air but he needs us all to be patient. He will make the right call when all factors have been weighed out.

Let's make Drag Racing great again. 😉

9/28/2013 3:56 pm  #23

Considering everything I feel we would miss a good chance to race if we canceled tomorrows race. So the race tomorrow is on. I hope to see you all there. I understand if you don't agree and don't make the trip. All that being said before you leave in the morning check the web site because if something does change I will post here ASAP.
Thanks
Mark Buchanan

9/28/2013 4:38 pm  #24

Thanks Mark. See you at the track bright and early in the morning

Mike Bearce
​Treasurer - TMCCC
Cowtown Mopars
2015 Dodge Charger

9/28/2013 5:01 pm  #25

Last time it rained in Ardmore today was at 12  noon the track is dry and ready to go.

Board footera