You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2013 11:19 am  #1

Texas Motorplex this Sunday Sept 8th, let's RACE

Hopefully we will have a little bit cooler weather than we've had up to now.  Charge up those batteries, fill em up with gas, air up the tires - and let's RACE !!

See you guys this Sunday - Sept 8th at the Motorplex !

Bill Boon
Texas Trailer Man
10050 Jacksboro Hwy, Lakeside, Tx 76135
(817) 759-1950 Website www.texastrailerman.com

9/08/2013 6:57 pm  #2

Re: Texas Motorplex this Sunday Sept 8th, let's RACE

Hey Bill you are the Man. After what you went threw to today with all your flats and then coming out there and making the finall's and it getting screw up and being man enough to say lets do it again. I will have to say you are the best Bill. Now since you are the trailer man get some new tires on that trailer.

9/09/2013 9:09 am  #3

Re: Texas Motorplex this Sunday Sept 8th, let's RACE

Thanks for the kind words.  Yesterday was a tough one.  Four tire blowouts would be tough for anyone.  Fortunately I did have one spare on board which took care of the first pop.  I have to thank Rich "Stumpy" Brownell and Mike Lynn for stopping to help me. Mike loaned me his drive on ramp to get the trailer up in the air more quickly, and he loaned me the spare from his trailer. The last two tires that popped happened within 30 feet of one another and those two were on the same side of the trailer. 
I was able to limp into the Motorplex with those guys sparse mounted, one on each side on the front Axle of the trailer - none, zip on the rear.
Robbie Broom loaned me his spare from his trailer, now I had three tires on the ground.  I called my son Aaron and he took time out of his already scheduled busy day to go to our dealership and bring me down four new tires/wheels - and Aaron even installed them while we were at the awards ceremony.  Thanks Aaron.  This trailer is getting five new 10 ply radials with new wheels (yep it ruined the wheels too) Tomorrow !!.
Thanks to Mark Buchanan for loaning me his battery powered Impack gun and for helping change out Mike Lynn and Robbie Broom's tires.  Plus after the awards ceremony was over and everyone else had left, Mark helped me load my Dart and tie it down. Much appreciated my friend.
During the break after time trials, before first round of eliminations - during our lunch time - Chuck and Norma Buchanan prayed for me that all my woes of the day would now be over and that the rest of the day would be awesome.  You know the outcome, so I say it was pretty awesome.  Thanks Chuck and Norma, and thank you Lord for being a big part of my whole Life !!
Thanks to all of the other TMCCC friends who offered help and supported me in my time of need ! You guys and gals are the best, and you're why I've stayed a participant of TMCCC for over 20 years now.  As Gomer Pyle used to say "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you" 

Bill Boon
Texas Trailer Man
10050 Jacksboro Hwy, Lakeside, Tx 76135
(817) 759-1950 Website www.texastrailerman.com

Board footera