You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2019 11:39 am  #1

Services for Ray Bodensteiner

Good Morning Racers, It is with heavy heart that I write to you this morning, Ray passed away Saturday morning after a fight with cancer.   Ray was one of the founding members of the Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge and he helped keep it going for over 20 years.  His passion for racing was evident every time you had a conversation with him.  He was a great mentor on our team and has helped usher the new generation of racers into the sport, myself included.  He always had great advice and was a wealth of knowledge, specially on our finicky modular motors.  After one particularly rough race of mine a few years ago he said "Get out of your head and drive the damn car!" and it has stuck with me.  Like many of us, he made me a better racer.  We are going to miss that stubborn ole man! Services will be Saturday December 7th at 10 AM at the Turrentine-Jackson-Morrow Funeral Home in Allen.  In lieu of flowers the family has asked for toy donations =10pt(new, un-wrapped)=10pt to the AER Toy Drive happening the same day.  (This Toy Drive was near and dear to Ray's heart)  The team members at the banquet this past weekend have decided to use our winnings from our 3rd place finish ($75) this weekend to buy toys.  The Lake Cities Mopar (thank you Tim!) team kicked in $20 and the Dittmer's donated their door prize winnings ($50) to help get us a great donation.  If you would like to donate toys (new, un-wrapped) or to the toy fund please reach out to me via cell 817-821-7511 and we'll make arrangements.  I will load up the truck and take our donations to AER after the service. You can find out more info about the services from https://www.turrentinejacksonmorrow.com/resources/locations/mckinney---allen---plano .  The address for the Funeral Home is 2525 Central Expressway NorthAllen, TX 75013 PH: (972) 562-2601.  Race Shirts are encouraged! 

Last edited by Surfer1420 (12/03/2019 12:24 pm)

~Sarah
TMCCC President
(Ford Muscle Race Club)

Board footera