You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/22/2016 10:53 am  #1

Class confusion for next year

I'm trying to put together my racing schedule for next year and working on my winter upgrades, but am getting confused by the Facebook posts about what class I would be in. I'll describe what I have and, hopefully, someone from TMCCC can let me know what class I would compete in.
Car:
- runs 6.20's in the 1/8
- line lock on front wheels for burnouts
- high rpm rev limiter
- shift light
- trans brake in the car (needed for reverse in powerglide, but not used to launch)
- launched with footbrake.

Can I stay in SuperPro Muscle or will I be forced into this Outlaw class and have to compete with the 2-step equipped cars?

I'm guessing there are at least a couple people wondering the same thing.

Thanks in advance for the help.

1/22/2016 1:53 pm  #2

Re: Class confusion for next year

Don't know.  IIRC the only posting of new rules (which I guess were preliminary and seem to have been redacted...) stated that trans brake equipped cars had to run in outlaw.  and I don't really know if even the spirit of rule was based on people using a trans brake to launch, or more as it read: just having a trans brake forces the car into outlaw class even it's not used to launch . ( least as best as I recall since I think that rules update post was deleted.)

FWIW the most recent post states
"Outlaw is going to become reality with one additional change and that is Outlaw will be open to ANY car that can run 7.64 or quicker. What that means is if a racer chooses to compete in this class using foot brake, line lock for burn outs, high end rev limiter. shift light and nothing else this is perfectly acceptable. TMCCC does not mandate that a racer has to use any of the aids offered in this class. We do this to hopefully open the class up to more racers. "

My assumption is "Can run 7.64" really means: must run a dial of no slower than 7.64 so if say a 7.70 running car wanting to run that class would be OK but they can not dial slower than 7.64.
and assuming the new rules will say that a 7.65 and slower dialing car launching off a trans brake can stay in King, Super etc. as they were last year

Or course none of the above  really answers your class question of foot braking in a car that physically has a trans brake even though you don't use it. well except for reverse? lol

1/22/2016 4:18 pm  #3

Re: Class confusion for next year

Mrcar1955, you would run in Super Pro as long as you don't use the trans brake to launch.  You can also run in Outlaw with that combo because we have opened up the class so that a racer is not required to have a trans brake, 2-step etc. to run Outlaw.  The response had been low for Outlaw so it was decided to open the class up for more participation.  The main reason for Outlaw was to get trans brakes out of Super Pro down to Stock muscle.  My Super Pro car is foot brake legal but I have decided that I will run Outlaw just to help with the car count in Outlaw.,  I will not be using a trans brake, 2-step, timing control, etc.  If you state you are not using the trans brake to launch that is ok, we are not saying that you have to get rid of your trans brake transmission to run Super Pro.  I hope this helps clarify some things.

Board footera