You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/05/2014 6:14 pm  #1

Points Update ?

I am considering racing the full season in the TMCCC next year, but I notice that your Points are rarely updated.

Is this normal ?

I'll be honest, I am not interested in a point series that is disorganized on this level.   I've raced in a lot of point series over the years and they all typically have points up 1-2 days after an event and one point series would typically have them up the same night.    But, if this is just a rare exception... I'll join the points race for next year.

Thanks.  

10/05/2014 7:15 pm  #2

Re: Points Update ?

The points are updated as soon as possible but this year we have had a couple of races that carried over so the points couldn't get posted until the finals were run at the next race. Normally the points don't show up for a week or two after the race. The main reason is we have to wait for the track to give us the results and then the stat guy needs to figure the points from there. A point series run by a single track works a lot differently because of the way points are tracked on site.

10/05/2014 10:37 pm  #3

stumpy wrote:

The points are updated as soon as possible but this year we have had a couple of races that carried over so the points couldn't get posted until the finals were run at the next race. Normally the points don't show up for a week or two after the race. The main reason is we have to wait for the track to give us the results and then the stat guy needs to figure the points from there. A point series run by a single track works a lot differently because of the way points are tracked on site.

X2. It has been a crazy year for sure. Definitely run it next year. It is alot of fun

10/06/2014 9:14 am  #4

We do normally get the points before the next race. We take our racing seriously but we are a pretty laid back group in general.

10/06/2014 4:10 pm  #5

The points are normally updated after every race is finished, but this year there has been some exceptions. I would encourage anyone who plans to run all or most of the scheduled races in a year to join the reward program. It's only $20.00 and a great way to track your points. If your looking for points to be posted the same day or in 1 or 2 days that's not going to happen unless someone takes over the points tabulation that's has a lot of free time. The pres, vp, sec. and treasurer all have full time jobs. We take the leadership rolls seriously and put the time needed to get the info out asap as well as keeping everyone informed. That being said there will be someone new doing the points next year and I'm not sure if he is retired or not. I am confident that he will do a great job as I believe Phillip has done. I have done the points in the past and it takes more time than you would think. You have to go through the run sheets at least 3 times to calculate all the points the tmccc uses. I hope that helps and I do hope you join next year.

Mark 

10/06/2014 8:16 pm  #6

I won't make all the races next year, but I'm joining points next year. First, I want a permanent number, and if I do decent, I'd like to see where I wind up in the points. Plus, if I have questions or ideas, it only makes sense to be joined up, and be a part of meetings/votes, if any take place. This is a great organization and I enjoy racing with it, and have raced off and on in these for about 15 or so years.

Board footera