You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/03/2013 7:45 pm  #1

Traction Problems at Kennedale?

Just curious but did anyone have traction problems with especially the left lane at kennedale the last race?  Can't imagine a 3500 lbs camaro with only 400 HP overpowering the starting line at kennedale.  But it did 3 times and have never had a problem with hooking up like it did last sunday.  Anyone?

6/04/2013 6:27 am  #2

Re: Traction Problems at Kennedale?

I ran the left lane in time trials and eliminations and it seemed to be pretty good. A couple of other guys in my class seem to think so as well. What class do you run in?

6/04/2013 10:36 am  #3

I know my dads car in the finals of electronics was all over the place and he run the left lane

6/05/2013 8:52 am  #4

Had trouble in the left lane in the time trial, but ran in it first round with out any problems. Second round caught the lane again and spun coming off the line.  Did hear several others complain about it but it seemed to be a hit and miss thing.

6/05/2013 4:51 pm  #5

My 60's were all within .015 of each other for TT1, TT2 and E1 using street tires.  E2 suddenly lost .05 and E3 lost an additional .04.  It cost me the round but I should have adjusted my dial even more than I did.  All runs with the exception of TT1 were in the right lane.  Sticky tires would likely have greatly changed that outcome.

None the less, I thought the event went smoothly and had a great time being back on the track for the first time in over two years.

Last edited by SuperCPA (6/05/2013 4:57 pm)

Carl - Team K
2006 Cadillac STS-V, 1986 Buick Grand National

6/05/2013 6:17 pm  #6

It was a hit and miss for me. First time trail I spun. Second one I was fine. First round I was fine and then second round I spun so a very hit and miss

6/05/2013 8:32 pm  #7

Just wondered!  3 trips down the left lane and no traction what so ever.  Even after a hard burn out.  1 trip down the RH lane and no problems. 
Good to hear about being back on the track SuperCPA.  And it is theraputic (however it is spelled) to be out on the track.  Of all the tracks we race at I have never had a traction problem like I had in the left lane of kennedale this last time. 
See you all at Ennis.  Thx

6/08/2013 10:59 pm  #8

Yeah traction was an issue for me that day. First pass not great but not bad then it deteriated as the day went on. and my 60's just got worse and worst.
Not sure why exactly since it wasn't that hot, but track was starting to blister by 2nd round.
I didn't run again till maybe 8 PM wasn't much good then either.

Overall... I started about a half tenth off on my 60', to a .10 off to over .15 off by 2nd round, but admittedly I do not have any traction to spare on my truck / setup.

Board footera