You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2013 5:26 pm  #1

Did Denton get the message?

Saw the "complaint" thread (which was legit of course) but did not see where any council officers posted about getting things working better there. Assume this was done just wondering what their response was?
 Planning on being there, hope it goes smoother this time.....

5/04/2013 7:59 pm  #2

Re: Did Denton get the message?

Doubt if anyone said anything.  But if it is the same I doubt that I will be back.  I saw one of the staging lane guys jump on one of the racers in a rude way and makes me think that we are there for them.  Instead of us being the customers.  We miss you Larry Croft and Nick Duty.

5/04/2013 8:14 pm  #3

Well I guess we'll find out tomorrow if they can make a better showing.  Have to cut them some slack since they had never run our program before. The biggest problem I had was the test and tuning of cars that had carried over from the previous night's event. When the Club Council pays track rental, it is our track and no one else's unless by permisssion the way I see it.

5/05/2013 7:46 am  #4

We will see

5/06/2013 7:13 am  #5

Just a note--TMCCC does not rent the track anywhere we go-we split the gate receipts with the track.
Obviously the track gets the lions share of the gate.  There is an signed "contract" in place with each
track that they are not to run other programs with ours but you all see haow that has worked out at some tracks!

5/06/2013 2:26 pm  #6

DanThompson wrote:

Just a note--TMCCC does not rent the track anywhere we go-we split the gate receipts with the track.
Obviously the track gets the lions share of the gate.  There is an signed "contract" in place with each
track that they are not to run other programs with ours but you all see haow that has worked out at some tracks!

that is stupid because when the test and tune guys oil the track it ruins it for everyone of us.  can it not be said in the contract for no test and tune.  i mean they are making a killing off us.  why not help us out alittle

5/06/2013 5:51 pm  #7

Hey Dan thanks for straightening me out on that....somewhere along the line I had heard that it was a rental deal.  
  The event yesterday was much better, really saw the effort by all of the track people. Someone even came through the pits around 2nd-3rd round and thanked each driver for coming out. Assume it was the manager, don't know his name?   
  Guess they did "get the message."

5/07/2013 8:55 am  #8

I was wondering who that guy was too, I thought they ran a great program too, that long line freaked me out a little but it went super fast once they opened the gate, and the track prep was top notch...

Its all about speed

5/07/2013 10:20 am  #9

That guy was Chris the owner. I think he did good also except for the end when they let a test and tune in before the final races and he oiled the track down so we were done for a while while they cleaned that up. It took them 45 minutes to an  hour to clean it up. We had a guy racing in the finallys and that is why we were staying. If they had only waited a little longer we would have been done and they could have oiled the track all they wanted. I am just glad we will get to go to Crandell next year and I hope more that once.

7/08/2013 2:14 pm  #10

I decided to go to NorthStar on 6/29/13. 9 cars in Mod (NE), and less I think in the other class. What a waste of time. I guess the bracket program is now on life support, if not dead.

7/13/2013 9:57 am  #11

pruliffs wrote:

I decided to go to NorthStar on 6/29/13. 9 cars in Mod (NE), and less I think in the other class. What a waste of time. I guess the bracket program is now on life support, if not dead.

What I hear on this was at the first of the year the new owner raised the entry fee double what it was and cut the pay out in half. The bracket racers said there are other tracks we can go to and I guess that is what they did.

8/16/2013 4:48 pm  #12

What I hear on this was at the first of the year the new owner raised the entry fee double what it was and cut the pay out in half. The bracket racers said there are other tracks we can go to and I guess that is what they did.

You would be incorrect about the first bracket race.  The entry fee was not doubled and the payout was not cut.  I know because I took home a $1200 check.

8/16/2013 10:08 pm  #13

The first race they had 12 cars. and sense then they have done away with the bracket program.

Board footera