You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/22/2013 1:20 pm  #1

Dallas Raceway Crandall.... what did you think?

I've been going there off and off for couple of years. really like that track and the overall factiliy.
and
I think they did a great job with the prep, and running things esp bing our first time there with TMCCC

4/22/2013 1:32 pm  #2

Re: Dallas Raceway Crandall.... what did you think?

Hey it was great and I want to go back. Shelly was not happy because her car was broke and she was driving my mercury, my ever day driver. I think she liked it though. It was so wonderful no grass or rocks on the track. I say we cancel redline and go again.

4/22/2013 4:09 pm  #3

I liked the track, I liked the hook, I liked the shut down area and the turn around area.  My car hooked up better there than it has anywhere this year and I really appreciated the consistency it offered. 

Much thanks to Ken Hall, Kevin Hall and John Hall and the rest of their staff - they ran a very good race.  Sorry that some of the cars broke, but the staff did a really good job cleaning up and keeping the track surface safe.

Plus, my wife Becky said that she very much appreciated that the restroom facilities were so nice & clean.   Their snack bar even had my favorite snack - M&M Peanuts.

I for sure want TMCCC to schedule more races at Dallas Raceway.  And, I will be doing some bracket racing there too.  Thanks again to the Hall's, to Mark Buchanan and Phillip Nickles for getting us a race there.

Bill Boon
Texas Trailer Man
10050 Jacksboro Hwy, Lakeside, Tx 76135
(817) 759-1950 Website www.texastrailerman.com

4/22/2013 6:15 pm  #4

Was my first time to go there yesterday and I really like that track and crew. Was good to see the old cherokee and pine valley crew again, it had been a while.

4/22/2013 7:14 pm  #5

They did a great job. I would like to see Denton get the boot and replace all races with Dallas Raceway, All concrete pit's, well run program and caring about the racers.

Racing is done with 3 pedals

4/22/2013 7:48 pm  #6

It was one of the best tracks i have been too. No dirt or anything like that. Great track. I want more races there. The distances isnt even a big deal. The track is worth it

4/23/2013 8:37 am  #7

Yep you guys said it all great place great staff, I have been racing at Ken and Molly's tracks since 1990 at Hallsville they have always run a good clean program....

Its all about speed

4/23/2013 10:15 am  #8

Super happy with the track.  The track was prepped nicely, the pits were concrete, and the restrooms were clean!  The track crew did a wonderful job!  I vote more races at Crandall!!!!

~Sarah
TMCCC President
(Ford Muscle Race Club)

4/23/2013 10:33 am  #9

Someone needs to talk to them about staging  club members against each other during eliminations. They were so hung up on the card draw they didn't bother to make sure that GM raced Mopar or Ford rather than GM vs GM Ford VS Ford etc. I'm sure that could be straightened out with a quick meeting with the staff before the next time we race there. Other than that I'd race there any time.

4/23/2013 10:43 am  #10

I Agree with Everyone Super nice Track. Lots of room lots of concrete good traction clean restrooms.Track Crew did a Great Job.I do have to Agree with Leon Cancel Redline and go back to Crandall.I Have a Few Club members that will not go to RedlineThey just do not like the Track.Lot of people i talk to in other clubs are not happy with Redline. Also Thanks Randy Hall for all the Pictures and Videos.

4/23/2013 5:49 pm  #11

I enjoy going to crandall. The facility is very nice. Like chuck says, I also go back to the Hallsville days with the Halls. They always seem to be on top of it whenever we go to their track(s). It is a very convenient place to go and as far as replacing any tracks on the schedule my vote would be for Denton. For YEARS now the TMCCC has had issues there. But we dont really need to burn any bridges with any track I guess as they are always being threatened to go out of business. I would like to see a couple races at Crandall and maybe even one less at Ennis.

4/27/2013 2:49 pm  #12

Raced at a few TMCCC ones years and years ago.  Came out for one last year and had a good time.  Was back at Crandall and we had a blast!  I sent a few suggestions, as follows, to Mark Buchanan, etc.

1) Have a track walk before the race looking for debris.  I did that in both lanes from starting line to just past the finish stripe...scary what you find.  Found a dozen or so large to small bolts, Dzus fasteners, etc., plus two accessory belts, and countless rocks and hunks of concrete.  I always try to do that before a race escpecially if I am going to run it through the quarter-mile.  Really should be the track's job, but...

2) Update to rules to either ban or allow Deep Staging.  I don't need to, but, I am sure others would like to (or not).

3) Enforce the no 2-steps in non-Electronics class.  If I run Electronics, which I did, I use my 2-step.  When I run footbrake classes, I do if allowed, and turn it off if not.  However, I heard a few (obvoius) cars and trucks in non-Electronics running them, not just in time trials but eliminations.

4) Update the rules to state that Courtesy Staging is in effect.

Just trying make things better for all, not trying to gripe.  Lots of people work hard to keep things like the TMCCC going like it has for many years.  Will be out there again at Ennis in the morning.  Thanks.  Dave

4/29/2013 9:14 pm  #13

Interesting.
I thought...
Deep staging was not allowed at any TMCCC event,
and Courtesty staging was required.
Could be wrong maybe track by track.
I know I've lost rounds by doing both over the years.
Yout know but the two that come to mind were both at northstar.

4/29/2013 9:33 pm  #14

You are correct. Those rules have been in place a long time.

4/30/2013 8:03 am  #15

Courtesy staging has not been practiced in any race I have run in Super this year.  I always try to when I stage first but people stare like I'm crazy. 

Question for you guys......would I be right in asked the starter to make the other car back up and courtesy stage?  I don't want to cause drama but dangit quit double staging me!

~Sarah
TMCCC President
(Ford Muscle Race Club)

4/30/2013 9:00 am  #16

1 fast gt wrote:

Courtesy staging has not been practiced in any race I have run in Super this year.  I always try to when I stage first but people stare like I'm crazy. 

Question for you guys......would I be right in asked the starter to make the other car back up and courtesy stage?  I don't want to cause drama but dangit quit double staging me!

I would just have the rules updated to CLEARLY state that Deep Staging is (or is not) allowed and that Courtesy Staging is (or is not) to be enforced.

Towed down to the Motorplex last Sunday only have the LF caliper crap out backing out of the trailer.  Better to find it there than down track at over 140!

4/30/2013 9:25 am  #17

I think some of this is education of the new people that we are getting in the TMCCC. I think we are getting a lot of new people and the clubs need to educate the new people to the rules. We are always telling more people about the TMCCC trying to get to get them to come join the fun. I think a lot of these people don't know what deep staging and courtesy staging is. So my suggestion would be to tell everyone to educate their people on this. As far as the 2-step goes I think you are right because I have heard that also and the people running that should know better and I would not know how to stop it. I just want to run my slow car and have fun and that is what i am doing. Leon

Board footera