You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2013 5:45 pm  #1

First race rescheduled

The race at Kennedale has been rescheduled on

March 17th same time same place. See ya next Sunday

Mark Buchanan

3/09/2013 8:15 pm  #2

Re: First race rescheduled

Was this your decision or the track's?

3/09/2013 8:25 pm  #3

It was mutual. See ya next Sunday
Mark

3/10/2013 5:21 am  #4

Umm, what about your thread in the "Race Schedule and Info" forum that says "check here first for rainout info"?  I've been watchng that one since yesterday and just now noticed the update here. 

3/10/2013 8:23 am  #5

I was wondering about that as well. I'm sure plenty of phone calls were made to club leaders etc. but some of the smaller clubs aren't in that "loop".   I just happened to glance down and see that myself last night.
  Looks like it was a good call not too pleasant out there this AM although we have showed up at tracks over the years under worse conditions. I appreciate that we are getting these decisions now on the night before rather than morning of like often would be the case. 
  Mark what's up with the bold font I was just looking for a little more input on how the decision had been made. As of time of your posting forecasts were showing this thing to blow through early morning and sunshine during the day. That has changed again so like I said it was a good call.
 A few of us don't have regular schedules and I have to plan ahead 2-3 weeks usually in order to make a race. In this case I had to give up a couple of days work to be in town for Sun. and most likely will not be able to make it next Sun.
  So have a good event the 17th maybe I'll see you in Ennis in two weeks...
                                                           Steve Allen- North TX Muscle Car Association

Last edited by S.Allen (3/10/2013 8:27 am)

3/10/2013 11:20 am  #6

from my experience at Kennedale a lot of the parking is in the grass.  Last time we raced there after it rained they had a problem with cars bringing dirt and mud up to the track.  If we were starting later in the day it wouldnt be as bad as it is when we show up and start parking off the asphault at 8AM. The forcast at best called for rain past Midnight.  Good Call Mark. It is better to wait a week to have a better surface to race on.  That doesn't affect me like it does the faster cars.

Mike Bearce
​Treasurer - TMCCC
Cowtown Mopars
2015 Dodge Charger

3/10/2013 11:34 am  #7

The bold was me having trouble typing and posting 
here with my phone yesterday at work. I should have
been more clear about just check the message board. 
I'm a work in progress as well and will improve. 
See ya next Sunday
Mark Buchanan

3/10/2013 5:30 pm  #8

Mark you are doing a great job. You made a good call.  Some of us from our club went out there this afternoon and it would have been miserable if we had had that race. The wind was blowing and it would bite you pretty hard. The weather for next weekend looks pretty good. Keep up the good work.

3/10/2013 6:22 pm  #9

Totally understand the cellphone thing Mark...did not occur to me at the time. You have a pretty good load on your shoulders with this and I admire you stepping up to do it.  I raced your Dad several times over the years, he is a real stand up guy and a great competitor. No doubt you are going to be a great leader for the Challenge Series. Hope to see everyone in a couple weeks.
                                                                                                                    Steve

3/10/2013 11:19 pm  #10

wonderjet16 wrote:

Mark you are doing a great job. You made a good call.  Some of us from our club went out there this afternoon and it would have been miserable if we had had that race. The wind was blowing and it would bite you pretty hard. The weather for next weekend looks pretty good. Keep up the good work.

Ur welcome dad btw for giving you the heads up.

3/12/2013 5:08 pm  #11

Agreed, thanks for stepping up and keeping us all informed.  Please let us know if you need any help.

Board footera