You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2012 11:34 pm  #1

I am new here

I am new here and would like to run in a few of your upcoming races but I see I need to belong to a car club but I do not. Just wondering what I need to do to enter and race? Brand new so I don't know. Thanks for any info.

3/04/2012 10:34 am  #2

Re: I am new here

What brand of car will you be racing and where do you live?  That will help in finding you a club to recommend.

Last edited by stumpy (3/04/2012 10:34 am)

3/04/2012 11:41 am  #3

Thanks Stumpy. I will be racing a 2000 Dodge Dakota in the stock muscle class, and I live in Huntington, Tx., Just southeast of Lufkin.

3/04/2012 11:47 am  #4

Racing this truck for now until the Pontiac build is complete. Currently building a 1977 Pontiac Firebird to race.

3/05/2012 8:44 am  #5

Brandon,
   You do need to pick a Club to race with--any club will be happy to let you race with them as Clubs accumulate
points based upon how well their "members" do.  I am surprised several Clubs have not recruited you already.
  Just come on out to a race, check out some of the different Clubs that usually pit together,if you see Racers you
may have something in common with introduce yourself and ask them if it is OK to race with them.  I guarantee you the answer will be "yes".   
   The Challenge is always happy to have new racers.
Dan 
North Texas Mustang Club

3/07/2012 9:07 pm  #6

Cool deal. Thanks Dan. If the weather holds out I will be in Kennedale this weekend. Thanks again.

3/08/2012 10:20 am  #7

Keep an eye on the race schedule and info section for Grady's rain out warnings.

3/09/2012 10:33 am  #8

Brandon you of course can race for us: CowtownMopars.
We have a few Dakotas that run with us all the time then more that from dfwdakotas that run just some of the time when they can. Also have an assortment of non mopar cars that run with us long term too but won't feel hurt if you now or later want to move to something more GM related,
One of the neat things about TMCCC you will probably get to know the people from other clubs that run against in your class as quick as the ones in your own club. (sitting in the lanes) and there are good people in all the clubs.
either way, stop by and introduce yourself, our cars are marked with the letter L, or look for our cooker trailer, and we'll introduce you to some of the Dakota guys, our club members, as well as some of the GM club guys, Pontiac club guys... and so on. If you race and spend the day there till finals then odds are you will get to meet and start to get to know  a few people from a number of the clubs you might be most interested in running with.
Just come on out, you will have a good time.
- Randy

3/10/2012 3:52 pm  #9

Cool, thanks Stumpy and Randy.

3/18/2012 8:33 pm  #10

Thanks to Cowtown Mopars for letting me race with them. I had a good time racing today and got to meet several of you. You guys have a really good program, enjoyed it. Looking forward to racing with you guys in more future events. Thanks again.

3/19/2012 9:35 am  #11

We enjoyed having you race with us. See you at Ennis next Sunday.

3/19/2012 10:12 am  #12

Yes sir, thanks.

3/19/2012 11:07 pm  #13

Hey Brandon good meeting you
And Congratulations at winning Stock Class
lol that the way to start the series.

Remember to bring you time slips to the next race and hopefully we will have the DOD stickers available at Ennis.

Had a pile of issues with video that but I do think I caught your final round. need to sit down and edit it what I have and get it up on youtube.

See Yah at Ennis
Randy

edit
yep still working on em but here is the vid of you winning the final round
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGT3LaH6Zxk&hd=1

Last edited by RandTx (3/20/2012 12:27 am)

3/20/2012 6:49 am  #14

Cool deal! Will be there in Ennis. Ennis is only 3 hrs. from my house as Kennedale was 4 hrs. one way. Was good meeting yall too.Thanks Randy.

Board footera