You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/05/2011 6:20 pm  #1

Everyone needs to Pray for Ron Dillinger

Ron had a stroke early either Saturday or Sunday Morning and has since had a Heart Attack on Sunday afternoon and not doing well at all.  Lets all send our prayers to Him and Charlene to help get them through this hard time.

Last edited by mbearce (6/05/2011 6:20 pm)

Mike Bearce
​Treasurer - TMCCC
Cowtown Mopars
2015 Dodge Charger

6/05/2011 7:44 pm  #2

Re: Everyone needs to Pray for Ron Dillinger

Our deepest sympathy go out to Charlene and family. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Racing won't be the same and he will be truly missed. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

GM Performance Club
Mark and Becky Cryer

Last edited by MCryer (6/05/2011 9:01 pm)

6/05/2011 7:55 pm  #3

I just talked with Ron's youngest son, Nathan. Ron passed away at 5:05 pm today (Sunday). There will be an obituary in the Dallas Morning News on Tuesday. I will post more information later. Please keep Ron's entire family in your prayers.

6/05/2011 8:11 pm  #4

RIP Ron...you will be missed. 

1968 Mustang
427 SBF, Art Carr C4, 4.11 rear
UCC 5500 Stall
6.38 @ 105

6/05/2011 8:24 pm  #5

Wow, Won't be the same without him.
I guess last time I talked with was at MATM, When I finally got done getting the awards and checks. I noticed him and ? can't recall who all else sitting down down by his trailer chatting under his canopy. Stopped by to see what's up, chat a bit... was actually surprised to still see him still there, asked and he said he was just hanging around, enjoying the beautiful weather and day at the track. Think he was enjoying not having all those end of event duties and just having a fun of racing.
Well we are all going to miss you Ron.
RIP.

6/05/2011 8:37 pm  #6

The series will not be the same. I will be racing with a heavy heart on next Sunday.

Racing is done with 3 pedals

6/05/2011 8:40 pm  #7

This is really kicking my butt. I loved Ron a lot. I know that me and him used to josh around all the time but, I just can't believe that he won't be around anymore to lead the council. I saw Ron earlier this year and we just cut up and carried on like always. I pray for Charlene to have the strength to carry on without the big lug. I will find away to make it to the services!!

Jeff Thompson

THE HILLBILLY HOTRODS!!!!!!

6/06/2011 6:37 am  #8

I just got this news from Chad Boran who now represents Torquecentral for the TMCCC.  This is terrible news. Ron was probably the most kind, generous and giving person I've ever encountered in this hobby. More than racing, I enjoyed the opportunity getting to know him working on the committee.  Economics made me have to put aside drag racing, but I found myself missing being a part of the committee and spending time talking with and getting to know Ron far more than the racing. This is very sad news.  A truly GOOD man and friend has been lost. 

My thoughts and prayers and that of my family go out to Ron, Charlene and their family during this trying time.

If there is anything I personally or the Torquecentral club can do, please let me know!

6/06/2011 6:44 am  #9

It is very sad, we've lost a good friend, not only to the Mopar Community, but to the Car Club Community as well. We were running the finals of Ron's Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge Series race at Ardmore Oklahoma yesterday about the same time that Ron passed away. Ron will be missed by all of us. Rest in peace our friend. To Charlene and the family, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Bill, Becky & Aaron Boon
Texas Trailer Man

Bill Boon
Texas Trailer Man
10050 Jacksboro Hwy, Lakeside, Tx 76135
(817) 759-1950 Website www.texastrailerman.com

6/06/2011 9:08 am  #10

Very sad news, We will miss Ron my thoughts and prayers go out to Charlene and the rest of the family. RIP Ron

6/06/2011 10:02 am  #11

Ron may be gone, but he will never be forgotten.  He's done so much for all of us.  He was a kind hearted, caring soul.  Deepest sympathy to Charlene and the family.  Hang in there girl!  Anything we can do,  we're here for you. 

Martha Kaus-Lone Star Corvette Club 

PS:  I found this pic on another website- http://billglover.zenfolio.com/p608523227#h4afa99f

6/06/2011 1:53 pm  #12

Very sad to hear the news of Ron's passing.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Charlene, Tom and the rest of Ron's family.

Ron was a Great Guy and a tremendous proponent of the Mopar & Muclse Car hobby in the North Texas Area.

He was involved in the early years of getting the Dallas Mopar Club going, was on the Board of Directors and was a past Club President & current Member / Officer.

He was one of the founders, and on the Board of Directors of the Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge Event. He was always there when needed to make those events go as smooth as possible.

He was a fierce competitor driving his Six Pack Bee.

He will be sorely missed by the Mopar Community and the Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge Series.

Above all, he was a genuine "Nice Guy" and a Good Friend of mine and many others.

God Rest his Soul and God Bless - Charlene and his family at this time of sorrow.

Jeff & LouAnn Peterson

It's Stock - It Rocks!

6/06/2011 2:36 pm  #13

There will be a viewing for Ron Dillinger Wednesday from 4-7pm at:
North Dallas Funeral Home
2710 Valley View Ln
Dallas, Tx 75234
972 241 9100
The funeral will be in his home state of Ohio. The family asks, in lieu of flowers, make donations to Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. www.michaeljfox.org
The Dillinger family is in our prayers.

Mark Buchanan

6/06/2011 3:22 pm  #14

Ron will truely be missed. I have spoken to Mark Buchanan and he asked that I post this here. I was thinking maybe at the upcoming race in Kennedale maybe we can all race with Ron's number instead of our own in his memory. This would get him enough points to become the winner in his class for the year and the over all winner of the year in memory of him. In the grand scheme of things we don't do this for the money at the end.  His awards can either go to the family or to the charity they have chosen.

6/06/2011 4:30 pm  #15

Although I believe that your heart is in the right place, I do not believe this would be a good idea.  This would probably cause a major fiasco at the track.  Maybe we should just sit aside a special award for him at the end of the season and present it to Charlene if she will come to the banquet.  Maybe we could put out a collection jar or something and give everything collected to Charlene and then she can, at her own discretion, donate it or keep it to help out.

6/06/2011 4:44 pm  #16

now i am tore....while i applaud the post from steelhorse....i also agree with martha...could cause some issues. Why don't we ask the track if there would be a problem with it. There should be no problem with the number. you can put any number in the computer. Remember it is all about Ron!!! Lets do it

6/06/2011 4:50 pm  #17

Shelly and I would like to send our thoughts and prayers out to Charlene and her whole Family. May Ron RIP.

6/06/2011 5:07 pm  #18

Personally, I feel that Ron would not want the Championship handed to him.  I feel that we need to make one of the races in the Fall a Ron Dillinger Memorial Race and collect donations from all the racers.  I guarantee that this would bring in more money than the Championship and honor Ron with his own race.  I also agree with some award at the end of the year along with possibly a racer award each year in Rons name.

Mike Bearce
​Treasurer - TMCCC
Cowtown Mopars
2015 Dodge Charger

6/06/2011 6:05 pm  #19

Susan and I send our thoughts and prayers to Charlene and the family. I agree with Mike Bearce about a memorial race. Ron was an all out racer and wouldn't accept a gimme. We could put his number on our cars passenger side with a piece of black tape over it as a tribute.

Last edited by stumpy (6/06/2011 6:32 pm)

6/06/2011 6:41 pm  #20

allrighty then....it is decided.. i agree with mike and stumpy. Make one of the races in the fall a race is his honor. The intention was to honor Ron.

6/07/2011 9:50 am  #21

I'm crying as I type this (sorry) Rest in peace Ron, we will miss you. Hard to believe he is gone.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Dillinger family. God bless. 

David N.
Team K

6/07/2011 10:52 am  #22

Mark, Grady and I have tossed around a few ideas about doing something to honor Ron. The board is going to have an emergency meeting this Sunday before the race.

I don't know of anyone that didn't like Ron. He is going to be missed and his passing will leave an empty spot in the lives of all who knew him.

Godspeed Ron.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Webmaster for: TMCCC, Ronnie Sox, Butch Leal

6/07/2011 12:40 pm  #23

Ron was a great guy and a excellent racer, the best races I ever had was against Ron. Mine and my families prayers to Ron and his family, he will be greatly missed!

I like the idea of a Race in Rons honor and it would be my honor to participate. Also, for the rest of the races this year, I printed the picture that Martha linked and put it in my back window to show my appreciation for all he has done. He was truly a great man who won my respect and friendship!

Thanks Ron, and Godspeed!

Stan Allan
Cowtown Mopar Racing Team

6/07/2011 12:49 pm  #24

I am sorry that I did not get to know Ron as well as most of you.  From attending the TMCCC events it is very evident that he had a passion for our hobby that would be hard to match.  I believe that his founding work in the TMCCC helped bring together like minded individuals who may not have done so otherwise.  I also believe that it was out of this that friendships among many of us were born and not left unlived.  Ron made me comfortable jumping right in at my first competitive TMCCC event which I believe was vital to my first win in class competition.  I think that a TMCCC memorial race is very fitting and honors the mark he has left on our racing community.  Please accept my deepest sympathy from me and on the behalf of the entire LSPBC.  My thoughts and prayers of comfort are with all who loved Mr. Dillinger.

Carl Brimer
2011 LSPBC Director

Last edited by SuperCPA (6/07/2011 12:49 pm)

Carl - Team K
2006 Cadillac STS-V, 1986 Buick Grand National

6/10/2011 8:40 am  #25

Board footera