You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2011 8:51 am  #1

Good day of racing at the Texas MotorPlex

First let me say sorry to those guys that had breakage yesterday.  Two of our guys running with the Cowtown Mopars broke, one broke an axle in his new Challenger, Frank Bonczek broke the rear end in his 69 Dart.  Other teams experienced a transmission explosion and a broken rear end.

I was fortunate yesterday to not have any major situations.  My '74 Dart # 4773L running for the Cowtown Mopars did very well yesterday, inspite of the driver. I had the right slick 1/2 pound lower than left slick and car kept leaving to right, but I borrowed Kim Humphrey's air gauge and fixed that. (new air gauge in route now).  Thanks Kim !   

It took me three passes to find the tree - I found it in the Quarter finals against Jimmy O'Neal # 068 '65 Red Corvette - but Jimmy should would have won that race if not for a glitch in his Crosstalk computer.  Jimmy you are an awesome racer and person, glad you are a part of the TMCCC program. 

But then I got itchy in semi finals and red lit  -.018 against Greg Wilder # 543  in the Yellow Firebird running for the GM Performance club.  Greg went on to win Electronics, defeating Larry Benson  # 505 in his '57 Turquois Corvette running for the Lonestar Corvette club.

Thanks to all of the TMCCC Electronics class racers, you all help make it fun and exciting.  See you guys April 3rd at Denton.

Bill Boon
Cowtown Mopars 
4773L '74 Dodge Dart 
Electronics Class

Bill Boon
Texas Trailer Man
10050 Jacksboro Hwy, Lakeside, Tx 76135
(817) 759-1950 Website www.texastrailerman.com

3/28/2011 8:56 am  #2

Re: Good day of racing at the Texas MotorPlex

Bill

The Next race is April 17th in Denton.

Mike Bearce
​Treasurer - TMCCC
Cowtown Mopars
2015 Dodge Charger

3/28/2011 9:22 am  #3

Was a great day ,but was a little cool  Sean how did you finish yesterday  Does many one have the results on who won  Thanks

3/28/2011 10:21 am  #4

Gosh Mike, I already had the battery charger hooked up on my car getting ready for this weekend.  Thanks - I guess at my age we get our schedules mixed up pretty easily !!  Good thing I have younger friends to keep me informed.  Congrats on the runner up yesterday !!

Bill Boon
Texas Trailer Man
10050 Jacksboro Hwy, Lakeside, Tx 76135
(817) 759-1950 Website www.texastrailerman.com

3/28/2011 10:54 am  #5

It was my Challenger that broke the passenger half-shaft (not stock).  A little wheel hop at the launch and it was done. Twisted the splines in the outer CV joint and sheared it off.  I got a ride back home and picked up my stock half-shafts and some extra tools.  Swapped it out at the track and drove home.

3/28/2011 5:08 pm  #6

I will have to say it was a very fun day even with the cold and other things. Shelly woke up at 1 o'clock with a sinus infection and not feeling good. At 5 I ask her if she really wanted to go and she said I am going. So off we went. Her first round was really wild because L1966 from Mopar club put a 058 light on her with her 177 and then he got off of it at the end of the track and got out of it too many times and she got by him and got the win light. Second round she was not so lucky with a 258 light against a 074 and lost. That was all in Pro. In Super Muscle I was able to hang in until the final run and got beat on the lights. My lights were good all day until the final race and it was bad (a 2something) . More fun Let's do it again on the 17th of April.

3/28/2011 7:33 pm  #7

Good day of racing
I got about 25 minutes of video, but from the cell phone, kinda ugly though I'm still going to upload and post it since the announcing was was so good and I know some of the racers would like to see and hear it blocky or not. just don't bother trying for full screen the main low res was me using too much digital zoom and a cell phone not quite up to the task. Oh and quite a bit of shacking because I was shivering (didn't think to bring a heavier jacket)

First part about 20 minutes worth just went live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc_DbV7cV5g

Board footera