You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2011 3:30 pm  #1

Beautiful 72 Super Sport Elcamino Chevelle 4sd. 396 Classic Muscle Car

Here is a u tube link to click on and view the car live

http://youtu.be/-qYa2FlJlgs

True Matching #s 1972 SS El camino Chevelle. NOT a clone Like most the others. It has 84,000 original miles. Runs Excellent and is VERY FAST!
My Husband bought me this car for Christmas 4 years ago. And I have only taken it out to just a few shows(got a couple trophies) ( & gift certificates) and went to a few car meets since. Now; I now rarley drive it and want to sell it.
Garage kept, Beautiful Hugger Orange Paint, This was an Old Mans car when We bought it. It was kept in his garage for 25 yrs. with Dehumidifiers.

It has a High Performance Big Block HI PRO 396 Built Engine installed with Thousands of dollars invested, Lots of Chrome and Aluminum parts. Pullies, Brackets, Etc. It has Eldebrock Intake Manifold ,Demon Carb. Roller Rockers , Blue Print Balanced,
Port Polished.etc.
Here is the info on the engine before it had anything done to it.
It is now much faster!
It is the L78 SS396 Chevelle - The Factory's Fastest
The L78 396 had a 375hp rating measured at 5600 rpm and peak torque of 415 lb-ft came on at 3600 rpm. The L78 was fitted with aluminum impact extruded 11.0:1 domed pistons, with drop forged steel rods weighing 27.84 ounces. Down in that beefy four-bolt main block was a forged steel crank. The mechanical valvetrain used 1.70:1 rockers and a cam that measured 316 intake and 302 exhaust, with an overlap of 80 and a lift of .5197.

This is a Rare ,Original 4 Speed Car. It is also an Original Factory AC car.
The compressors taken off right now. But it goes with the car. The car has a Machined SS Pumpkin Custom Rear End. Also has Posi Trac

The 72 SS, AC equipped car came with a 350 motor that year. We have that original matching #s motor stored in a crate for more value. So it can be completely back to original if wanted.
It goes along with the deal.
It has Keith Black pistons, Roller Rockers,Blueprint balanced, etc. It is a very fast motor too!! Runs excellent also; It has several thousand dollars invested in the heads and built motor as well. My Husband is a Motor Head & just decided I needed the Built 396 in my car instead.

This Car speaks for itself. It is in excellent shape inside and out other than a few small spots below the door that are not too noticeable.
It has a very straight body and has never been wrecked either. The under carriage looks as good as the top side also.
Brand New Tires with Factory Original Rims
Runs on Pump Gas

Over $48,000 invested in the car.
Asking $17,500 obo

Board footera